15/04/2012

Food Anguish

I have heard rumors that there are decent restaurants around.  I have had mediocre experiences so far.  Maybe I'm just not going to the right places.  I don't ask for much, just flavorful food. Could be we are limited to the places that the kids can eat.  I've heard the four star restaurants are something to experience, but alas I doubt Chris and I would have that good a time, no matter how wonderful the food, when the kids are whingeing about them not having viennas. The mid-range bar and grill, cafe, and fast food are our speed.  I'm less than impressed.  I mentioned to Chris the other day that the dinner he made, which was stuffed chicken by the way, was better than the lunch we had eaten earlier that afternoon for twice the price.  While we were eating out a few weeks ago, I despaired that the fettuccine alfredo with stuffed chicken rolls I had ordered was nearly tasteless.  Seriously, it tasted like wet flour.  Y'all know I like some salt, but no amount of salt and pepper were going to help this dish taste like anything but paste.  Once again, Chris' alfredo sauce was heaps better, and that's without all the salt.
Which reminds me, I need to post another episode of Cooking with Chris soon.

No comments: