04/12/2011

"Run, run as fast as you can....

You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man".


Ok, so seriously, how many people actually like the taste of gingerbread cookies?  Anyone?  I like the IDEA of gingerbread cookies better than the the taste apparently.  Actual gingerbread, not too bad.  But for some reason the cookie recipes I've tried thus far have been too spicy and just so so.
This is why I was pretty apprehensive to try yet another recipe when Quinn asked me to bake some gingerbread cookies.  His class at school is doing a holiday section on "gingerbread fred" and fred gets to visit each kid in class and they get to document their adventures.  Nice holiday activity for the kids, they get to learn responsibility and work on their storytelling skills.
Good idea until they start asking to bake my least favorite of cookies.  I seldom bake a cookie I don't like.  There has been the odd fail over the years, like the malted chocolate chip cookies I tried this last year.  Eh, not so much.  But usually its hard to ruin a cookie.  Believe me, SOMEONE will eat it.
And because Quinn is so sure he'll love these cookies I agreed to help him bake them.  I searched online for a well received recipe (might as well try another one).  He'll find out soon enough that they aren't the sweet cookie he thinks they'll be.  And, I suppose even if they suck, we can always bake them a little longer and use them as decorations.
to be continued....

No comments: