11/12/2011

Update Issue

If you've been following my blog you'll remember I left a few posts hanging.  Well, here are a few updates on some of the progress.
We did succumb and get an artificial tree.  Something small, but the kids were more than excited to do the decorating.  If you know me, you realize that's a difficult thing to let go.  I think I only moved two baubles into "more appropriate places" and the rest of the placement was them.  The control freak in me needed to walk away.  I think they did a  good job.
On a side note, they sell the same crappy chinese made light strings here in south africa.  I had to take the first set I bought back because they had a short in them and I really don't think it would be a good Christmas to burn the house down due to faulty crappy Chinese lights!  And on top of that they were almost $20 US for a string of 100.  GAH!

The other update I have for you today is the XXXXXX on the gingerbread cookie recipe.  It turned out REALLY tasty.  Quinn helped mix the dough, and then they both did the cutouts and the decorating.  I was pleased that the cookies were more like gingerbread, or even a gingersnap type cookie, than the other cookies I've tried in the past.  The kids gave them and the recipe their seal of approval.
I pulled the recipe from here.  I suggest if you like spice cookies you give it a chance.  They were really easy to make too.  Good project to do with the kids.  I don't know if I would use this recipe to make a gingerbread house, unless you baked for a little longer and made the cookies harder.
http://www.joyofbaking.com/GingerbreadMen.html

here, sugar balls are known as "bling" HAhaHAHAHa!


Is it just me or do those look like bullet holes from above?  


No comments: