04/11/2011

Edit the Body

This past week I've been trying out a pilates class with a friend of mine.  The class is well presented by our instructor Jeanika and it is a nice small class full of other mom's. (So we can relate to each others' trouble spots :))  So far I've attended two classes in the mornings.  It has been so long since I've taken an organized workout class that I've forgotten how invigorating it can be. Now by invigorating I mean releasing those endorphins that make you feel awake and alive and ready for your day.  That's not to say I'm not nursing some sore bits, because it has been a good while since I've put this body through a proper workout.  But, I've really enjoyed it and it has got me to thinking about workouts in general.  I've taken circuit courses, yoga, and pilates as well as tried running (many years ago) and taken raquetball and weight training in college for sport.  I've trained on our elliptical at home and done any number of DVD workouts as well as my resistance pilates sled in the basement.  So I know what works for me and what doesn't.  Pilates (and here we are doing mostly mat exercise) is simply one of the best all over workouts that doesn't stress my joints.  
I sort of fell out of love with exercise simply due to lack of time during my day.  Kids will do that to you I guess.  I used to get up at 5 am and head to the Y for a morning workout before work, but lost my momentum.  You might ask why I didn't just join a 24 hour fitness gym, or workout at night.  Unfortunately, when you don't work out you tend to feel worse and even more tired which just keeps you from going to the gym again.  I really hope I can keep going and build the strength I've lost in the last few years.
I would like to find a yoga class, or maybe I should just join the 24 hour gym down the street as I've got all this extra time on my hands.  Isn't that what women of leisure do these days?   Work on my tan, and work on my physique?  Or was that mess around with the pool boy?  I forget, must be the momnesia.

No comments: