18/11/2011

Put One Foot in Front of the Other

Strange sights seen on the street, kids everywhere walking barefoot.  In stores, restaurants, outside on the road, in school.  I don't think anyone under 18 wears shoes over here during the summer.  Ever.  I don't know if it's just a cultural thing, or what.  I know it has nothing to do with economic status because it's kids of all kinds.  There are those who have on the odd pair of crocs or sandals, but mostly dirty little bare feet.  I can so get with that.  I love going without shoes.  Always have.  So now, when my kids complain that their feet hurt or their shoes are rubbing blisters, they just take them off and go without.
These are the relatively clean size 13.5 feet of the youngest.  Yes, that's kid size, she's tall for her age, not a giant. 


I gotta say that it makes financial sense to not have to worry about buying umpteen pairs of shoes for those rapidly growing feet.   So maybe these folks are on to something.....

No comments: